Vintage Adventures

Howdy! I'm a crafty gal living in the Golden State of California; all about vintage clothes, swing dancing, knitting, cooking, books
and adventures!

Monday, May 24, 2010

{School in the forest}

I was reading the news this morning and came across a fascinating article..
About a kindergarten in a forest!
This one is in Washington state; basically it's an educational outdoor camp for kindergartners.
There is a teacher and assistant that supervise the children as they explore.
Children are taught about insects, animals, weather and edible plants.

I think that this is an amazing idea!
I am the oldest of 5, the youngest being 6.
I always felt bad whenever I saw him in front of the tv..
Children should be in reality, not virtual-reality.

If I ever have a kid, I am so sending it to a school like this!
Cedar Song Nature School

I walked through the Schwarzwald while in Germany:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment