Vintage Adventures

Howdy! I'm a crafty gal living in the Golden State of California; all about vintage clothes, swing dancing, knitting, cooking, books
and adventures!

Friday, May 7, 2010

{Family tree}

Apparently I'm to be alone tonight.. might as well write!

I've been researching my family genealogy like mad lately.
I've learned so many things...
Included in my family tree are saints, vikings, French kings, German nobility and Norse gods.

I'm really serious.. Odin and Frigg are there!
I also learned that one of the castles I visited while in Germany, Schloss Hohenzollern, belonged to my ancestor.. oh I can't remember his name, but he founded the House of Hohenzollern!
I'm also descended from Richard Henry Lee, who signed the declaration of Independence.
Other interesting names included are: Lettice, General Otis and Craft Ghost (all their REAL names)!
On the Viking side, I'm descended from: Randver Redbartsson was slain in the epic sea battle of Bravik, various others who make appearance in Snorri Sturluson's Icelandic sagas and the legendary Skoglar Toste.

I really had no idea that I had so much royal blood in me!
King Antoine de Bourbon of Navarre is my g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-great grandfather.
Then of course, all of his ancestors were kings and queens as well.

Well I'm off to do more reading on the like!


1 comment:

  1. OOohh that is amazing!! How did you find all that info? I've been wanting to do this too, it's so fascinating!!

    ReplyDelete