Vintage Adventures

Howdy! I'm a crafty gal living in the Golden State of California; all about vintage clothes, swing dancing, knitting, cooking, books
and adventures!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

{A Gem}



I am always conducting family history research and I came across an absolute GEM today!
An actual PICTURE of my great-great-great grandmother Sarah Ann Latchaw-Carner.
She was born on August 2nd, 1845 in Evans City, Pennsylvania and died
on August 1st, 1916.



 I also came across her husband, my great-great-great grandfather Eli Carner.
Born in December of 1834 in the Rockland Township of Pennsylvania and died on the 23rd on March in 1901 in the Irwin Township of Pennsylvania.
He did in fact serve in the U.S. Army during the Civil War.
He was mustered into Company L, Fourth Cavalry, the same company as his brother Andrew.
He was a private and served as a hopital stewart.



This is John Carner, my great-great-great-great grandfather.
He was born on January 29th, 1787 (200 years before me!) in Pennsylvania and died on December 21st, 1870 in Pennsylvania at age 83.


And let's not forget my great-great-great-uncle Jacob Stauffer Latchaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment