Vintage Adventures

Howdy! I'm a crafty gal living in the Golden State of California; all about vintage clothes, swing dancing, knitting, cooking, books
and adventures!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{Prohibition}

Last night for Halloween I made buckeyes and pumpkin pie.
Then Travis and I went out to a local speakeasy, Prohibition.
It was definitely the cat's meow! The door didn't even have a window- it was seeecret.
I felt at home among the wingback chairs, antique mirrors, paintings depicting flappers, baby grand piano and low lighting.
I of course wore my 1920's inspired Leifsdottir dress.
Travis was a roman soldier and a time traveler.
One of the walls was covered with framed photographs of the prohibition era (1920-1933).
Flappers drinking wine, police officers taking axes to barrels, gangsters..
It was amazing to see Al Capone and Lucky Luciano among them!
I am, of course, a passionate Boardwalk Empire fan!
Coming here was reminiscent of the time last year when Travis, his battle-buddy Crawford and I went to the Old Seelbach Hotel in Louisville.. the speakeasy in the basement where Al Capone held boozy parties and stored/transported liquor (the Ohio River is only a few blocks away).
Ah, how I wish I could be a time traveler!



No comments:

Post a Comment