Vintage Adventures

Howdy! I'm a crafty gal living in the Golden State of California; all about vintage clothes, swing dancing, knitting, cooking, books
and adventures!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

{A Daydream}

I have nothing better to do right now (other than hand-wash a sinkful of dirty dishes since the dishwasher is still broken.. 2 weeks now eeew), so I am going to share with y'all (Texas is really rubbing off on me) what I would like my wedding day to be like.
A real wedding.. not Vegas like my first marriage.
Boy, what a mistake I made.. but if that didn't happen I wouldn't be where I am now.. completely happy :D

{Theme}

A 1920's garden party.
Think, The Great Gatsby! 


{Location}
 
A rented vineyard
It's like being in a foreign country.
With plenty of room to play croquet and horseshoes after the party!


{The Dress}

I am divided about the dress.
Being a vintage purist, it would be swell to wear a vintage wedding dress provided I could find one. 
I am very reluctant to order clothing over the internet.. it is always best to try things on first especially if you have an uncommon figure such as mine: 36-26-39.
There is also the issue of supply vs. demand: there are only so many vintage stores around in each city and not usually very many wedding dresses in stock.
If I were to wear a modern dress, I would choose Jenny Packham.
Hello, Art Deco and Nouveau!






There are quite a few sweet deals on Etsy for vintage wedding dresses.
Cases in point:






{Accessories}

Rather than wearing a traditional veil, which would cover up my finger waved bob, I would elect to wear a wax orange blossom headpiece like brides from the 20's, such as this one I found on Etsy:


How lucky I am to live in Houston, where the first Bhldn store was opened only a few months ago.
I visited the store a few days ago.. it was magical!
There is even a giant swan in the window.. so romantic!


 My ears are each pierced twice, and my left ear has one extra, bringing the total to five.
I usually prefer posts earrings.. I worry about long ones getting caught in something and ripping. Ouch.
I also prefer silver to gold.
It must be the Norwegian in me ;P



Since my beloved silver Whiting and Davis clutch got lost during the last move (weeps) I suppose I would have to get another one off of Etsy:


I really like these shoes on Modcloth, unfortunately they are out of stock.
I want oxfords!


I quite fancy these as well; out of stock as well.


I will wear one of my favorite fragrances.



{Invitations}

I'm sure it's quite obvious by now that I frequent Etsy quite often.
GoGoSnap is a vendor who sells exquisite vintage correspondence.
Just look:






{Decorations}

I love flowers, particularly lavender, calla lilies, poppies, orange blossoms and roses.





What else?
Ostrich feathers, strands of faux pearls, candles housed in glass jars and bottles, paper lanterns and a vintage photo booth complete with a big paper moon.


{Refreshments}

I have been vegan for 4 1/2 years. 
I am not, however, a scary vegan who imposes my diet beliefs on others.
That said, I only require the wedding cake to be vegan as well as a few other food items.

 Menu:
Cabbage rolls (veg and meat)
 Carrot wedding cake
Cheese and sausage plate
Crab stuffed mushrooms
Cucumber tea sandwiches
Deviled eggs
Fruit
Groom's cake
Mixed nuts
Olives
Vegetable crudités
Waldorf-Astoria salad 

Beverages:
Champagne
Cocktails
Coffee
Water
Wine (red and white)

I really like this cake topper.. after all, Travis was in the Military.
I could just repaint his hair to be blonde like Travis', then we'd be good to go!


I also really like this one.. love the sincere look on the couple's faces.
I'd just have to paint a bit- darken the bride's hair and lighten the groom's.



{Honeymoon}

Why, New Orleans, of course!
Just like Scarlett and Rhett ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment