Vintage Adventures

Howdy! I'm a crafty gal living in the Golden State of California; all about vintage clothes, swing dancing, knitting, cooking, books
and adventures!

Friday, July 27, 2012

{Hello, Doll}

Meet Florence, my 100 year old boudoir doll.
I spotted her in a cabinet at work nestled with 2 other boudoir dolls (still kicking myself for not taking them home too) and I just had to take her home with me!
She really is in great shape for her age- her white and blue silk Edwardian dress is original.

Travis told me that she is creepy.. I completely and heartily disagree, and told him to brace himself because I already ordered 2 more on Etsy from the 1930's and 1940's!!!
Being the avid sale shopper I am, they were cheap because they need restoration, but I've been reading up on composition doll repair and am excited (and nervous) to give it a go.




No comments:

Post a Comment